Thursday, January 28, 2010

"When You're 5..."


It seems like in the last year Julia has asked a million times when will she lose a tooth. Her question always becomes more frequent when the tooth fairy makes a visit to our house. Our reply is usually "Julia, you'll lose a tooth when you're 5." A few times she's even told us she has a loose tooth and when we check the wiggle factor, her tooth is tightly snug in it's place, to which we reply, "Julia, you'll lose a tooth when you're 5."

We just got home at noon today and she told me she had a loose tooth. I quickly glanced, ready for my reply, when I noticed her front bottom tooth hanging out. My eyes almost popped out of my head. She hadn't said anything to us recently about a loose tooth so it came as a complete surprise. I told her I wanted to touch it and check it out but she quickly said, "No, it can't come out yet, because I'm not 5!" I told her there was no way it was going to stay in for a few more weeks as it was practically hanging there. So with a little tiny wiggle, it fell out. Julia was beside herself. After watching Jake & Abbie so many times, she sprung into action. She ran for a baggie and put her tooth in it and dashed to her room and placed it under her pillow. Then on her way back she grabbed the camera and when she approached me she said, "Now you can take a picture to show everybody what I look like, just like you've done with Jacob and Abbie." Her excitement is so contagious! She had to tell the principal at school, the check-out lady at Hy-Vee, and numerous other random people through out the rest of the day. Later this afternoon she told me she had another loose tooth. Sure enough. The one next to the one she lost is loose too. Julia said, "I think it wants to come out because it was buddies with the one I lost." It was a little rough getting to sleep tonight because of all the excitement of the tooth fairy coming to pay the first visit to this little girl. She's wondering if she'll get more money because she's 4. I'm thinking she will.

1 comment:

grandma Gloria said...

"adorable" is the only word I could think of when I saw the picture. : )