Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gett'n Bigger

Growing up with 2 brothers and no sisters, I often wondered what it would be like to be a father to a daughter, let alone two of them. Well, they are the sweetest things and just melt my heart everyday. It's an interesting feeling to be rough and tough wrestling with my son and then to switch gears to have to help a daughter feed one of her 'babies'. Some mornings I don't need an alarm as Julia comes in and crawls into bed by me to whisper, "Daddy, get up....Daddy, I like you". It's like a cub crawling all over her papa bear.

I always tease them to "Don't get bigger" and to "Stay little". Julia replies in a playful way, "I' gett'n bigger."

Julia's birthday is coming up in April and she'll be turning 4. She's been planning her party already with a big cake and a lot of friends to play games. She tells me that at her party she'll be getting bigger.

So tonight, we went out for dinner and a conversation went like this.

Vicky: "Julia has been eating alot lately and now she has been sleeping alot, she must be going through a growth spurt"

Me: "Julia, are you getting bigger?" "Can you feel yourself getting bigger?"

Julia: "Yes, I'm getting bigger"

Me: "No...stay little for Daddy"

Julia: "Don't you want to eat cake?"

Me: "Yes, why?"

Julia: "Then I have to get bigger"

No comments: