We finally released the family blog..now what?! We're glad we could give Uncle Skipper another web site to check in his spare time. Skip, just save those 'special' comments for that LivingOnLiquid guy.
I must say cousin Tom was some of the inspiration on starting this blog. I figured if he could do it then how hard could it be. His beloved Cubs wasted away their great season by a 3 game sweep in the playoffs. I found this amazing video clip of this etch a sketch guy doing a tribute to the Cubs. I remember having an etch a sketch, as a kid, and could barely draw a straight line. After trying to draw a picture of a simple house it would always turn out tilted over as if it were blowing over in a hurricane. But this guy figured something out so here's to you Tommy and another try next year! If the music is playing, you can scroll down and click the 'pause' button on the left side.
I must say cousin Tom was some of the inspiration on starting this blog. I figured if he could do it then how hard could it be. His beloved Cubs wasted away their great season by a 3 game sweep in the playoffs. I found this amazing video clip of this etch a sketch guy doing a tribute to the Cubs. I remember having an etch a sketch, as a kid, and could barely draw a straight line. After trying to draw a picture of a simple house it would always turn out tilted over as if it were blowing over in a hurricane. But this guy figured something out so here's to you Tommy and another try next year! If the music is playing, you can scroll down and click the 'pause' button on the left side.
If you're like me, you've been semi-glued to FoxNews the past 3 weeks watching in disbelief of the financial situation. I was in NYC the night before Lehman Brothers announced bankruptcy. I was in a hotel and turned to CNBC and caught the start of their breaking news about Lehman. I walked over to 49th and 7th to see all the commotion. They are (were) a great customer for the company I work for and a project I had helped manage. As I stood on the sidewalk in front of the building, I was wondering how much of history was I witnessing first hand. The four lane street in front was reduced to 2 as there were several news satellite trucks and hundreds of people all around. Many employees were going in and coming out with boxes of their stuff.
I don't pretend to understand all of this. Trying to follow who did or didn't do or say what, when, and why is enough to make your head hurt. How can one understand it all with the media coming out with a different blame story or spin everyday. So now the $700 Billion 'rescue' bill is passed, now what?!Will the bill save the economy? That was the justification when it was trying to get passed. Now, since it's passed, there is still uncertainty on if it will do the job or not and that it will take awhile to really show any effects.
I was reminded the other day of what is it that I am trusting in. David wrote in Psalm 20v7, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." That doesn't mean he wasn't preparing and planning his battle strategies but more importantly, he understood that chariots and horses(material things)have limited abilities compared to God's abilities. David also says he is trusting in the name of God. God's 'name' or reputation was that of thousands of years of history of Him providing for and delivering His people in times of trouble and distress. As He continues to do so today.
And so while I'll be watching and reallocating my 401(k), we're keeping a firm grasp that God is in control of it all.
2 comments:
Welcome to the blogosphere cousin Brent...also thanks for the Cubs post. I actually think the Cubs playoff game plan was done on an Etch-a-Sketch.
There is always next year.
don't worry
Post a Comment