Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Candid Camera

Jacob got a lesson a few weeks ago in class about security cameras that the school has to keep them safe. As an added measure their teacher also preceeded to tell the students that there might just be one in their room that would be watching them when she couldn't see them. This was a brilliant move on her part to attempt to keep crowd control at all times. The imaginary video camera has provided many interesting 'candid' conversations with Jacob.

Jacob came home the first time and asked if we had known about the tape from the security camera in their room. We said not yet but maybe sometime. He said well if you do see it you might see me messing around a little bit but not too much. About once or twice a week Jacob will come confessing something in the hopes to stem the tide of any trouble that may come his way if we see something.

A recent conversation this week went something like this:

Jacob: "Dad, if you see the video tape today you just might see me messing around a little."

Me: "Oh yeah, like what?"

Jacob: "Oh, Ezra and I were shooting pencils back and forth during reading time but I think Ezra did more than I did."

Me: "Did your teacher see you when you were supposed to be reading?"

Jacob: "No, that's why she has the camera."

Dad: "So what are you going to do next time Ezra wants to shoot pencils?"

Jacob: "Well, I keep looking for the camera so I could know where it was and try not to be on it."

He for sure knows there is a security camera down by the bathroom area so he told us when we see that video tape to make sure we notice that he washes his hands every time he goes to the bathroom.

I'm glad there weren't any security cameras back in our day, imaginary or real!!

No comments: