After arriving back home last Friday evening, today was back to reality of school and work. I don't think the kids fully understood that while we were in sunny, warm Florida all week, our home was still in the frozen tundra, dead of winter. The shock hit them when we left the last warmth of the parking ramp sky walk toward the car. They were kind of upset and proclaimed 'we hate the cold'. Of course, leaving all their winter coats in the cold car didn't help either.
Today, Abbie's Kindergarten class learned about Ground Hog Day. Not sure what she learned from her teacher but she had her own impression of the plump little 'hog'. She came home and the conversation went like this...
Abbie: "Mom, did you know a RAT saw his shadow today and now we have to have 6 more weeks of winter?"
Mom: "Oh really"
Abbie: "Yeah, what does a RAT know about winter anyway?"
I laughed so hard and had visions of Calvin from the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon.
Hurry Spring...I miss my backyard!
1 comment:
that is so funny - just like Abbie though- love your new heart picture.
Post a Comment