Thursday, October 23, 2008

Never a Dull Moment

As you may have been able to tell there is never a dull moment at our house. Have you ever tried to wrestle with your five year old daughter while your 3 year old daughter is using you for a slide while at the same time throwing the football to your son who is practicing 'dive' catches into a pile of cushions?! Well, that was the scene at our house tonight right after dinner. Frankly, there is not much else that is better than to retire to the living room after dinner to be a live 'jungle gym'.

Speaking of another "dull moment".... we usually have a pile of DVDs and CDs resting on the top of the stereo receiver for quick access that the kids watch or listen to. Last week, I went to use the DVD player and the tray would not open. It kept stalling and displayed an error that I had never seen before..."LOCKED" I thought what the world could be locked. About that time I was beginning to notice how clean the top of the stereo receiver was and a helpless fear set in. My first question was to Abbie to see if she knew where all the DVDs/CDs went. She didn't know but Julia piped right in and offered up that she had proudly put them all "inside".

I finally had time this evening to take apart the stereo system and pull out the DVD player at an attempt to retrieve the swallowed DVDs. After choking on the dust from the back of the player, I finally got the cover off and found 14 DVDs/CDs stuffed into a 5 disc changer. There were two discs that were somehow stuffed under the rotating tray and I had to take the tray apart further to rescue them. The kids thought it was funny and I did too, AFTER, I retested the player and realized I wouldn't have to replace it.
Thanks to Julia, I now know a little more about the inner workings of a DVD player AND the area behind the stereo is a little cleaner now.



2 comments:

Glanzer77 said...

Is that a Journey's greatest hits CD?

Brecken did this to mine as well, but I just opened the changer and tipped it forward and 3 extra DVD's fell out.

Schneiders said...

Yes it is and it was the disc I was trying to play in the first place. I even have a Journey song in my playlist at the bottom of the blog.